November 19, 2011

Weekend Musings

Every year, I can't seem to get enough of the fall. I know I seem to say that a lot, but it's just so true. This picture pretty much sums up everything I love best about the season. And now, Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and as much as I love this particular holiday I'm not quite prepared for it just yet, nor the official start to the holiday season that it ushers in. Ah well, this is usually how things go -- I'll be grasping desperately onto one thing as it slips away while the next swoops in and settles in around me. For now, I'm enjoying the view out the window: red, orange, and yellow leaves holding on before the real cold strips their branches bare. At least it still looks and feels like fall around here, with the requisite fire burning and gingerbread latte in hand. Now I just need a slightly overcast, somewhat rainy day. Happy weekend all-

Paris when it twinkles.

Pretty pendant for your neck (and Christmas wishlist).

Vintage photos, fearless women.

I've been reading this book for the past week or so and find it fascinating.

Thanksgiving magic.

For the love of all things pumpkin: pudding and pie squares.

Modern minimalist posters of classic tales.

The 12 days of Christmas for your holiday entertaining.

Curried carrot and sweet potato soup for brisk nights.

For Swan Lake fans, something pretty for your desk.

I love the old cathedrals in Europe, although I've only actually seen one in person, but the next time I go, Saint-Sulpice is on my ever-expanding list of things to see in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment